Thursday, July 9, 2009

How to Make Yogurt at Home



This afternoon, I made a cup of yogurt from the Marigold yogurt. To made yogurt, you need some pure yogurt that buy from grocery store, milk powder or fresh milk, hot water, a cup with cover and spoon. Make sure the cup and spoon are clean. you can use hot water to rinse them.


It is very easy, just put some milk powder (I put 3 big spoons) into a cup and some hot water, stir it until the milk powder dissolved. Alternatively, you can use fresh milk, just cook with low heat and keep stirring it until you see some bubbles coming up, then put it into a cup and close the cover.


Let it sit for 2-3 hours until you don't feel hot when you hold the cup ~50 C. Then take out the pure yogurt you bought and put 1 and a half spoon pure yogurt into the milk and stir it. After that, close the cover, and put it at warm place. For me, I put it beside my laptop, so that the heat come out from my laptop will keep it warm.


Now, you just need to wait for 8-10 hours and then enjoy your yogurt. You can mix the yogurt with different fruits you like!

0 comments: